Where were you ten years ago?
Ten years ago I was single and working at a credit union, saving all my pennies to take off in a few months for a Discipleship Training School in England, then a time of service in Central Asia, with Youth With a Mission. Man, that feels like a long time ago! Funny how seven years of marriage and two kids can change a person, you know?
Holmsted Manor - I spent 3 1/2 months here ten years ago
What are five items on your to-do list today?
1. Catch up on invoicing...ugh. People owe me money, but I SO dislike paperwork.
2. Finish Julia's gift and mail it. Ahem, I mean...um...Julia...it's on its way...(sorry, I've been a bit busy, but haven't forgotten your major award!)
3. Fold the clean laundry that is currently piled on every conceivable seat in the living room.
4. Water my flowers. Apparently they like that. Especially in summer.
5. Kiss my girls. Even when they're not being "kissable". (Since I'm the queen of being "not kissable" at times, I figure it's only fair.)
Note 1) the girls...being kissable here...and 2) the laundry in the background. Two things on my to-do list managed to make it into one photo! Amazing. First time there's ever been clean laundry on the floor though. Really. Well, maybe the second. Or so.
What snacks do you enjoy?
1. Healthy Pop Kettle Corn, with a Diet Caffeine-Free Coke. This sounds really healthy until I confess I eat. the. entire. bag. myself.
2. Apples w/ peanut butter. Yum. Even better w/ M&Ms sprinkled on top (hee hee)
3. And, my ultimate Achilles heel: baked goods. What kind, you ask? Any kind. Muffins. Cookies. Cakes. Breads. Surprisingly (or not) when I limit my starch intake I LOSE WEIGHT. Can't imagine why.
What would you do if you were a billionaire?
one of my master bedroom makeovers
Oh, where do I begin. I think I'd immediately establish a charitable foundation that controlled the money...with a board of directors made up of people with integrity...so that I wouldn't go crazy with the money and it (hopefully) wouldn't change me for the worse. Know what that foundation would do? Decorate for low-income families, for one thing. Sorta like Extreme Home Makeover: Home Edition (only probably without the "Extreme" part).
But, I'd also build a new deck on the back of the house. My husband fell through it the other day. That's just not okay with me.
What top three places would you live?
1. Southern California (love the sun)
2. Anywhere in the UK (hmmm...no sun, but I still adore it)
3. Portland (hey, I already live there! Woohoo!)
Well, thanks for reading (if you did!). Tomorrow we'll return to our regularly scheduled blogging. :-)