Monday, July 21, 2008

Baby Boy Shower - celebrating with rubber duckies

Here are the invitations I created for the baby shower this last weekend. I decided a palette of turquoise and yellow...with rubber duckies as the star, of course...would be cute for this intimate dinner party/baby shower for my friend Holly's baby boy on the way.


Each place setting had a placemat of scrapbook paper, layered with a paper napkin in turqoise. The scrapbook papers had little rubber duckies on them...they were so cute. Anyway, I also wrapped the silverware in turqoise napkins and coordinating paper napkin rings.

Each person had a little favor bag, filled with chocolates and crinkle-cut shredded paper (in the color palette of the party, but of course!). Each was labeled with a round sticker that said, "Anticipating a Sweet Arrival! Holly's Baby Shower, 07.19.08". (From my favorite online paper supply store, The Paper Source.)


I had one large blue rubber ducky in a vase of water in the center of the table, followed by a parade of yellow rubber duckies down the table.


I had originally planned to put several vases in the center, with blue water and rubber duckies in each, but it turns out my rubber duckies were so cheap that they didn't float upright! Since I thought the look of dead duckies wasn't a very festive one, I had to go with Plan B. But I think it worked out okay!

Conratulations to Holly and Dan in advance! Can't wait to meet your little guy next month!

9 comments:

  1. This is soo cute! You did a fabulous job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your baby shower ideas are SO GREAT! I can't wait for someone I know to have a baby so I can throw them a shower now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! "The look of dead duckies wasn't a very festive one." You're too much! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the napkin over the scrapbook paper as place mats!! You have the best ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the duck on the vase idea, so creative, and the little packages in the colour palette, gorgeous

    love the inspiration on your blog, thanks!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. an adorable table setting-I bet she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! You throw the best showers! My mom used rubber duckies as decorations for my baby shower 5 years ago and they didn't float upright either.

    We have about 20 of them in the bathroom closet and my kids play with their "dead duckies" in the tub all the time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so imaginative!!! I love that your baby showers aren't screaming BABY... you know? Such gorgeous design ideas. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It just goes to show you, any color scheme works great for baby showers. It's great to change it up. Sweet look all around~

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting, dahling! I can't wait to hear what you have to say. :-)