Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Nest Cupcakes

Just one more note from Easter. I had to show you these adorable cupcakes I made that actually taste even better than they look! I think I was inpsired by reading about these nest cupcakes and these coconut cupcakes by Tracey at A Cottage Industry, and decided to combine the ideas to make nest cupcakes of my own. I used a shortcut, however: these are just a white cake mix, homemade buttercream frosting, and toasted coconut on top to form the "nest". In a few of them, as an experiment, I actually injected whip cream and made filled cupcakes. That experiment was a success, let me tell you!
I've decided cupcakes are one of my favorite desserts now; the portions are just right, and they're so fun to decorate and look so cute on a buffet table. I didn't use my cupcake stand this time, because it holds 24 and by the time Easter Sunday came around, I only had about 14 (no comment). So I used this antique silver 3-tier stand instead, with pastel jelly beans to fill in, and was very pleased with myself.

The cupcakes were a hit with my daughter, too - pictured here in her Easter finery.

2 comments:

  1. I just 'discovered' you, courtesy of Hostess with the Mostess re your Elmo birthday party. Such a shame I don't have little bitties at my house anymore.

    What a cute Easter cupcake idea (and I saw Tracey's post on this, too)! I prefer the silver stand - so classy - over the new-fangled cake holders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo...I love cupcakes too. Yours look divine!!! Hope you had a nice Easter...

    I found you on the Easter Parade route last week!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting, dahling! I can't wait to hear what you have to say. :-)