Friday, March 21, 2008

Friday's Fabulous Finds - Chair Art

Sorry for posting Friday's Finds so late in the day! I did a big redesign this morning - can't wait to show you photos! But for now, I bring you fabulous finds that have been a long time coming. Many of you know my love for (some would say, obsession with) chairs. And if you've been watching my Etsy Favorites sidebar for a while you may have noticed artwork with chairs popping up there quite frequently. I've been just dying to do at least one week that focused on chair art and so I'm excited to present these finds to you. (I had enough favorites that I just may have to feature chairs again next week - we'll see.) Be sure to peruse the other great items in these artist's shops as well.


How cute is this? I love artist Karen Miller's use of wood that is "found, recycled, reused, reclaimed, repossessed, reconstituted...on the rebound". Her quirky wooden collages are basically portraits of chairs, individually or in multiples, and no two pieces are alike.



orange chair collage



aqua chair collage



retro iron gothic chair print



aqua curves chair print



One of my favorite artists is Anne Harwell (whose sellername on Etsy is Annechovie - cute). She has lots of paintings of chairs and interiors in general that I really like. I especially like her original paper collages (the top two pictured are collages) that are colorful & graphic. The colorful and simple way she represents traditional furniture pieces makes them appear really fun & modern at the same time.



This pillow by Decorative Instincts appeals to me in a similar way to some of Anne Harwell's works; a traditional Louis XV-style chair (is that right? sometimes I get my Louis's mixed up!) is presented in a bold and graphic color as a silhouette, making it seem young and hip again. They've got this pillow in a couple of color options, too.



I think this is a great idea. I'm totally smitten with anything letterpressed right now, and this artwork by Paper Stories Letterpress has it all. It features a cool mid-century classic lounge/interior which is then letterpressed onto a paint chip! So many of my favorite things combined into one! I'm digging it. Right now they offer pink and purple but I'm secretly hoping for one in aqua, red, orange, or lime as well. You have to check out the other gorgeous paper products in this shop too.



This stationery by Paper Nosh is just yummy. It features this fabulously ornate chair and is customizable - you can get your own name or wording placed on each card in this set of four. (Some of my other favorites featured chandeliers and birds wearing crowns.)

And last, but not least, this charming letterpressed card from The Paper Peony. This card features an adirondack chair that was hand-printed onto white cardstock using a vintage printing press. Ah, letterpress again...what can I say? Paper love. Check out all her other fabulous cards and custom designs too...they're gorgeous.

Have a wonderful Easter weekend, my friends!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words and for including me in this post, Courtney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved these!! All fabulous designs and artists!

    Have a fabulous Good Friday!

    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this chair post. How fun! -Julia :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for including me in your chair feature, you are a darling, and I'm so flattered !
    hugs,
    Paulette
    Paper Nosh

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting, dahling! I can't wait to hear what you have to say. :-)