Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Easiest Desserts Ever

So last night, I was having a craving. You know the one...where you begin searching the cupboards desperately for any sign of chocolate. You consider opening some chocolate chips and digging in, but can't find any...you find a few stale leftover red and green M&M's from Christmas in the back of the cupboard, and that helps for a few minutes...but only for a few minutes. Then, it gets worse. Next thing you know you are pulling out your cookbooks, looking for any recipes made with cocoa powder...maybe that will do the trick? When, at last, you remember, you have the two things necessary for the perfect fix: a cake mix, and the book 101 Things To Do With a Cake Mix. You sigh in relief as you turn on the oven to 350 degrees, and get to mixin'. Within 20 minutes you are pulling White Chocolate Chip Fudge Bars out of your oven, and the house is filled with a scrumptious aroma that only comes from chocolate baking. (Are you drooling yet?)



This is all theoretical, of course. Had this really happened to me, I would be able to tell you how delectable these little morsels were and how absolutely quick and easy they were and how they would be perfect if you had last-minute guests coming over, or just needed a simple dessert for an after-school snack. Of course, I am the picture of self-control. If I had lost control, however, I would be really glad that I had 101 Things To Do With a Cake Mix.


I LOVE this little cookbook! Let's just say that for someone who doesn't have a lot of time to bake fabulous homemade goodies, this book makes me look good. Each recipe is so quick and simple and yet the desserts often seem really special. So I checked on Amazon just now, and lo and behold! there is a second one in the series....101 More Things to Do With a Cake Mix. I added it to my Wishlist immediately. And for $9.95 each, these little cookbooks don't break the bank. (By the way, there are even more in the series...check them out on amazon.com...like 101 Things to Do With a Slow Cooker.)
When I entertain or throw a party, I want to be able to spend more time on creating the atmosphere (i.e. decorating) and socializing with my guests then I do cooking. (That's just me...I know so many of you out there are fabulous cooks!) So any little cooking aids like this that I can get to simplify the kitchen end of things are much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for commenting, dahling! I can't wait to hear what you have to say. :-)