Saturday, January 19, 2008

Red Shoes and Happiness



I just finished reading Blue Shoes and Happiness by Alexander McCall Smith - thus the title of this post. Yesterday I discovered the Hanna Anderson outlet in Lake Oswego. I was there for their end-of-season sale and picked up the cutest pair of little red clogs for my three-year-old. Her FIRST pair of red shoes as a "big girl". Last night when she tried them on - and I tried mine on at the same time (oops...did I forget to mention I bought myself some shoes there too?) - and we stomped around the house in our clogs, it was a moment of pure happiness. Shoes (especially red ones) tend to make me happy...and on my sweet little girl...*sigh*. It was a moment.

P.S. The black shoes are what I'm wearing to my husband's company New Year's party tonight. Got them on sale at White House Black Market. (another *sigh*.) Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for commenting, dahling! I can't wait to hear what you have to say. :-)