Wednesday, June 9, 2010

paper love for a dancing queen




Here are some sweet cards I made recently. A friend of mine asked me to create cards for her daughter's ballet teacher as a thank-you gift. What a great idea! And since my daughters are in ballet too...I'm stealing the idea, and their teacher will also receive these personalized notecards as a year-end gift.



Each card is embellished with two light-pink rhinestones, and the name of the dance teacher (or whoever's receiving them!). These would also be great gifts for the dancer in your life...or any girl who likes pink and romantic ballet slippers. How about a "thank you for coming to my dance recital" note? Anyway, I'm selling them in sets of six, just like my other notecards. But I'm always willing to do custom quantities, so if you'd like to purchase some in a different amount, just ask! I'll just listed these in my Etsy shop.



In other news, my mom's surgery yesterday to remove colon cancer appears to have been a resounding success! What a relief and answer to prayer. I have to confess, it's been hard to think of anything to blog about in the last week, because somehow decorating is the farthest thing from my mind when I'm concerned about a loved one. That being said, creating cards was a nice mental escape. The cards above were made by my kids and myself to decorate my mom's hospital room. She'll be there for several more days, so we wanted to give her cards that were as bright and cheerful as possible. I can't think of anywhere more in need of a ray of sunshine than a hospital room.

Click here if you need a before-and-after fix. I'm basically finished with a friend's redesign - just have to get back over there sometime soon to take pictures of the space. I can't wait to show you! It's a room that's gone from having no function at all, to now two or three functions in one. LOVE it.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards! I love them! Thank you for sharing! Have a wonderful day! ~lulu

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting, dahling! I can't wait to hear what you have to say. :-)