Tuesday, June 1, 2010

answering a few of your questions...

Hi everyone. I will have another redesign to share with you soon...really, I will...but in the meantime, I've had a few questions about my master bedroom makeover that I thought I'd answer for you now.

Q: "I LOVE your round white framed mirror above your dresser and was wondering where you got it from?"

A: I hate to disappoint you, but I've had the mirror for probably seven or eight years! I purchased it long ago on clearance at Linens-n-Things. You gotta love clearance. And re-purposing things. I do anyway.


Q: "I was also wondering what shade of white you used on your walls… or did you just pick up a can of white paint? I’m wanting to paint my walls white and I’m not sure what shade to go with."

A: I chose Behr's "Moon Rise" in a flat enamel. I love Behr paint (Home Depot's brand) and the flat enamel helped play down the crazy texture on the walls and ceiling that used to drive me crazy. Now it's just sort of soft and hazy white. Flat enamel is also washable, which is nice. Although I must admit, I am not the wall-washing type.



Q: "Did you have trouble finding an all-white comforter?"
A: Nope. I went to my local Ikea and purchased their Alvine Medaljong duvet cover. It's all-white but with a woven jacquard detail that adds depth and detail when you look at it close-up.
 
Hope this helps! :-) Have a GREAT day!

3 comments:

  1. good old ikea eh?!!!

    Love the mirror too...

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your peaceful bedroom. Thanks for dropping by Beach Vintage and I hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and I love it. Your room is incredibly clean, crisp and refreshing. So relaxing!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting, dahling! I can't wait to hear what you have to say. :-)