So we're already ten days into the new year and things have been BUSY around my place. Fairies are afoot at my house this month! This is the crazy month of birthdays and birthday parties for BOTH my daughters. This year they chose the SAME birthday theme (can you say REJOICE?) which allows me to recycle some decorations. I can't wait to show you photos of my three-year-old's little fairiy party...but I'm going to be cruel and just tease you...as the photos are not quite finished being uploaded. I'm hoping to post them in the next couple of days.
Other thiings on the horizon for the new year: you know, I don't really have resolutions...just lists. To-do lists. (Can I get a "boring"?!) For the purpose of my own clarity and also for a little accountabillity, here's what I'm hoping to accomplish:
- Totally re-do my bedroom...Like most moms I know, my bedroom is totally neglected and the bane of my existence. I'm not kidding. I'm talking cleaning, organizing, painting, and new furniture. (Do you think Ikea will accept Monopoly money? Cause unfortunately that's the only kind I've got at the moment. Hmm, note to self...find some money.)
- So, along those lines: find/make some money, preferably doing something I love. I'm really wanting to do a stationery shop on Etsy...it's just a matter of finding the time to sort out the details and get it set up. I'd also love to get back into interior redesign!
- Practice homeschooling. yep, I'm planning to homeschool my oldest next year for kindergarten and we're easing into it by doing some preschool-type activities here at home (I just pulled her out of preschool and now I have to make sure I replace it with some fun stuff.)
- Find more time to be creative. It seems like most of my creativity these days goes towards making my kids happy. That's probably how it should be, but it seems like a happy mom is important too. Must...find...time...to...blog, decorate, design, craft, create. My own creativity tank is pretty empty these days.
- Accomplish all of this while being SuperMom. I don't think that's asking for too much, is it?