Monday, August 4, 2008

Grazie, Gracias, Merci...oh, and thank you!

poppiescape



Remember KA Compson? My super-talented artist of the month for July? Well, she was so delighted by our little correspondence that let me choose a print...any print...from her fabulous collection...which she then matted, framed, and shipped to me from the UK for free. Hello! This fabulous print is now framed, sitting on my piano in a place of honor. My husband, who dabbles in photography himself, was quite impressed with the quality of the photo. I think it's just lovely. I want to give KA a big shout-out and say a big "Thank you!". You all need to head to her Etsy shop now. :-)



Hooked on Houses


Then, Julia of Hooked on Houses...I'm not kidding you when I say that hers is just about my favorite blog and she's truly one of my favorite blogging women. She is genuine, warm, witty, and so personable...and her blog is the same! I think I've mentioned it before, but Hooked on Houses is so full of great content, you can tell Julia does her homework. Do you like peeking in people's windows when it's dusk and their lights are on inside? Do you like going to open houses even when you're not really in the market for a new home? Do you love house tours (like Portland's Street of Dreams) or guided walks through historic neighborhoods? Do you like to see how celebrities live and dream of paying 7 million dollars for a home? If you were honest enough with yourself to answer "yes" to any of these questions, then you will LOVE Hooked on Houses! She's a self-professed "real-estate junkie" and throws in plenty of decorating posts too. *Sigh!*



I not only tell you all of this to send you her direction immediately, but to say thank-you to Julia for sending me a "Major Award". She included me in her list of her five favorite blogs who got the award above. Woo-hoo! Thanks Julia!!

Next, I'm supposed to pass this award onto five other bloggers. This is difficult, because typically Julia would be at the top of the list to receive it. But, since I can't turn right around and give her gift back (bad form to return gifts, you know), I'll pick five other blogs for this award:


a beach cottage

at home redesigns

sanctuary arts (Jen's blog was recently hacked, her hard drive crashed, and her blog in general was lost; but, she's back up now with a slightly new address, so head on over and show your support, and be sure to add her new address to your blogroll! She is a queen of furniture makeovers and hand-painted details)

shorehouse chic

a soft place to land



I love each of these five blogs, not only for the pure content of the site, but the ladies behind them. They are genuine...funny...talented...and it's hard to believe I've never met any of them in real life. Please visit their sites and give them some "bloggy love"!

9 comments:

  1. Aren't you sweet, Courtney? I'll start giving you awards every week if it garners this kind of praise for me and my blog! :-)

    These are all great blogs you passed the award along to. I'd been wondering where Jen's blog was, so I'm glad to know. I'm so sorry to hear what happened to her site!

    That's very cool that KA Compson sent you one of her prints--matted, framed, and everything! Wow! -Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried to go to Sanctuary Arts, but it's linking to Shorehouse Chic instead. Do you have Jen's new web address? -J

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOPS...sorry about that! I just fixed the link...btw, her new blog address is: http://sanctuaryart.blogspot.com/

    almost the same (without the "s" on the end of sanctuaryart)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Courtney: Thank you so much! I really, really enjoy your blog and I'm flattered that you thought of me.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. HWWAHHH! {a blog gasp! ;-)} I am busting with happiness!! Not only am I in amazing company with this award, but the lovely things you've said about are beyond my little peanut brain's comprehension!

    Yours is one of the first "crafty/thrifty/design" blogs I ever visited and it's been so inspiring. If you only knew how many of your ideas are printed (old school!) and filed away! I am honored that you would say such nice things about me. And I agree with you – isn’t it hard believe we’ve never even met? :-)

    Thank you!
    xo, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so sweet! Thank you! I'm flattered to be in the company of such fun and talented women. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should receive every award out there!! Your blog is a treasure trove of inspiration, and your personality shines through in your writing and features.

    Thanks for the continued inspiration...!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. woohooo! thank you so much, I have to say I can't believe anyone as inspirational as you would enjoy what I do...I am very honoured, I am savouring it for a few days and then will post about it and pass on

    like Laura I feel I am in exceedingly good company with this award, you picked the very bloggers that I love to visit and more importantly loved to get inspired to get off my *** and go get making a home

    thanks again, you are too sweet

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting, dahling! I can't wait to hear what you have to say. :-)