Thursday, December 6, 2012

My Favorite Letterpress Christmas Cards


So I've been thinking about this little ol' blog for a while now. About how I miss it. About how I'd love to have a little corner of the world to call my own. A place (besides Pinterest) where I can post the things that are inspiring me in the moment. A place where I can talk about all the stuff I'd buy if I were independently wealthy. I've been re-reading some of my old posts with a bit of nostalgia. The fact is, I'm in no position to be in business again these days, what with my busy family life and all. But I'm feeling the need for a creative outlet, so I thought, why not? I've blogged a bit this year about food and our special needs journey and now I'm ready to dig back into some fun stuff.

Handel's Messiah assorted letterpress cards, set of 30, by Wild Ink Press
In homage to the time of the year, here's a round-up of my favorite Christmas cards. I'm digging letterpress (as always) and while I absolutely love receiving current photos of my friends and their adorable families, I've got a hankering for something different this year. Letterpress costs a bit more than typically printed cards, but the end result is so frame-worthy I think it's worth it!

Let Earth Receive Her King set of 12 letterpress cards by DingbatPress
 This graphic seems simple at first. Look closer. Love it.


Set of 10 Letterpress Cards by DancingPenandPress
 I like the elegance of these designs by Dancing Pen & Press! (See above and below.)

Letterpress Christmas cards, set of 20, by DancingPenandPress


Silver and Gold Chevron cards, Set of 8 by Wild Ink Press
Wild Ink Press does work that is simple, beautiful, and even humorous. You should check out her line of "three things" cards or her "literal" cards...perfect for belated birthdays, anniversaries, "I'm sorry", and more.

Arise, Shine set of 8 letterpress cards by WildInkPress

I love how letterpress is such an old-fashioned art that has really been made new again with modern graphics, fresh lettering, and even inspiration from chalkboard art.

Silver and Gold Christmas letterpress cards, splatter, set of 8 by WildInkPress
Sigh. This line of silver and gold letterpress cards that all feature the second line of famous Christmas carols is sweet and simple. Love.

Note to my family: don't be surprised if one of these cards ends up in your mailbox from me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for commenting, dahling! I can't wait to hear what you have to say. :-)