Friday, February 26, 2010

this post inspired by...

what's inspiring me today: 

this post about creating a visual journal for the "mundane" things of life...to-do lists, grocery lists, recipes...I love the idea of taking a few moments each week to create a beautiful space to "frame" your life...rather than just writing things down on the back of an envelope or a tiny magnetic pad of paper from the fridge. Please read about it and, while you're at it, check out the website {in}courage. I have found so many inspiring posts there that encourage me as a woman of faith.


Like me, you may be a fan of Melissa's over at The Inspired Room - she's also a contributing author to {in}courage. In fact, I'm linking to Melissa's "what inspires you this week?" party.

custom notecard set with pink rhinestones

I also added this sweet little card to my shop recently. It's inspired by little five-year-old Audrey, who is herself quite inspiring. I've written about her before, but just have to do it again. She's been fighting - and I do mean fighting - leukemia since July of 2008. What an amazing journey this little girl has been on, but she's handled it so bravely. And her parents have been amazing. Next weekend she gets to have a "hair party" with her little friends...celebrating the fact that her hair has grown back after chemo and it's long enough to actually use barrettes and pony-tail holders! It may seem like a small thing, but really...I think it's huge for this little girl.

 And I find it inspiring.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the sweet words about Audrey. Your entire family has been such an encouragement to us through all of this. We love you! Can't wait to see you tomorrow at the Hair Party!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting, dahling! I can't wait to hear what you have to say. :-)